Swanline Print adds two HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Presses and discovers that its new digital production capabilities are driving growth across both analog and digital. HP digital printing also simplifies operations for the packaging and POS trade supplier.
• Expand large format printing capacity for high-quality displays and packaging.
• Meet trade customers’ growing needs for faster time to market and cost-effective small orders.
• Acquire new capabilities to address market trends toward mass customisation, higher quality and speed, more design creativity.
• Two HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Presses, for fast-turnaround, high-quality printing of displays and packaging on corrugated board, plastics, paper and other substrates.
• Direct-to-board HP digital printing has vastly simplified Swanline’s operations, reducing inventory complexity, manufacturing time and wastage, and stress.
• Digital printing has proved a profitable complement to screen and offset-litho, strengthening Swanline’s business and helping drive growth across all three processes.
• The digital portion of annual turnaround grew from 2 per cent in 2013 to 14 per cent in 2014, and is projected to reach 20 per cent the following year.
• 85 per cent of large-format offset-litho work is now produced digitally, far exceeding Swanline’s expectations.
• The substrate versatility and high print quality of the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press have opened new trade markets to Swanline, bringing in new customers and new types of jobs.
*Update* Please note that the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press has been replaced by the HP Scitex 11000 Industrial Press (http://hp.tl/6009BaYOR).